Monday 18 July 2011

Its over

I don't have a choice anymore when it comes to giving birth.  My beautiful midwife has been forced out of practice due to the bull shit regulations and the stupid AMA.

So my "choices" are to have no more children or free birth and neither option appeals to me, I'm hating that the government has taken away my rights and my choice.  I want more children, I want to home birth again I dont want to get back on the convayer belt that is the hospital birthing system.

My career choice has been taken away from me as I want to be a midwife, a homebirth midwife one like the most amazing woman in the world who taught me to trust myself and my bodies ability to birth my baby.  She taught me so much and I wanted to give that to other women but I will not jump through the bull shit hoops the government/AMA have come up with to try and stop women from having empowering births.

No comments:

Post a Comment